Saturday, June 1, 2013

Day Twenty One, Bag Twenty One

Nightmare Jack and Sally Cameo Tote

I Made the design and main panels for this bag at Christmas time in 2011. I used the bags as gift bags for all my giving that year. I used my screen printer to make a one color design on white cotton, and then used fabric markers to color in the design. Because of that every single bag was slightly different. I had five of these screen print panels left over and I made the rest of them in to bags finally.


 A little variance from the ones I made as gift bags is that I added glitter accents and rhinestones to these five bags. Sally's eyes have black rhinestones in the pupils, and the fuzzy bits of the Santa costume were embellished with glitter using fabric safe, washable glitter and adhesive. 


On this closeup of Sally you can see the rhinestones in her eyes and the glitter detail, as well as the purple swirl that used to color the background of the cameo. I do not have these featured in my web store because they not only use a copyrighted design, but the original drawing was not done by me, it was done by someone who was contracted by Disney to design a pin trading pin of Jack and Sally. Though this design was never used for a pin it is a great focal design for this bag. These bags will be at my booth during the Mt Charleston Craft Fair in August so if you are a fan and you are in the area on the 10-11 of August come by and snap them up these five are all that are left of the screen prints.


This particular bag has a red swirl lining, and it is the only one with that color of fabric on the inside, I also included a pocket inside which is another variation from the ones I gave as gift bags.

No comments:

Post a Comment