Friday, June 7, 2013

Day Twenty Seven, Bag Twenty Seven

  Shield Print Scarf Bag, Large

This bag went the way that most prototypes go, I had a lot of measurement and size adjustments to deal with. I sized up my scarf bag from a small evening purse to a large day bag. The result is a great looking bag but sadly this one will have to be just for personal use, I had so many issues where my measurements did not come together properly that this bag is not customer condition. Of course that means I have a new bag!



Other than making a lot of adjustments and re-measurements on the fly this bag does look great, and I will be featuring it made to order on my web store in the correct proportions. Hopefully I will also have time to remake a few for the craft show in August that I will be attending, this is a great style of bag, and I think it translated very well from the small evening style to the large day bag.



Here is a shot of the inside, I know with a black lining it is hard to see but the decorative pocket is a large 6" tall by 10" wide. Th entire bag has very generous dimensions as well, it is 20" wide at the top when it is not cinched in by the scarf, with the scarf tied it is 15" across. The bag is 16.5" across at the base and the base is 3" deep. The bag is 11" tall. The straps are 28" long so they are perfect for either a handbag or a shoulder bag. This bag could hold a laptop up to 16" screen size very easily. My 17" Dell is just a hair to big from front to back but it does fit length wise.




My last two pictures are a closeup of the bow detail on the scarf, and the back side of the bag. This will be featured on my web store, and I may even make a few more adjustments to the design and structure to allow it to be made as a laptop bag.I know when I was shopping for a nice one I had a very hard time finding anything that was nice, not plain black or brown, didn't weight ten pounds by itself, and didn't cost an arm and a leg! 

No comments:

Post a Comment