Monday, June 3, 2013

Day Twenty Three, Bag Twenty Three

Hot Pink Hooters Tote, Medium

This is the first bag of this size I have done. It is also the first bag to be done in fabric specifically bought to make bags with. I normally shop for fabrics I like or that I want to play around with, I actually shopped for fabric for the first time with only the purpose of buying what would make good handbags. So, in a sense this bag makes me officially a handbag designer!



The lighting on this first photo is a little subdued so the hot pink just looks dark pink but I assure you it is very much hot pink! The owl design has a white and beige swirl background, and the owls are variants of pink with a few green ones thrown in for good measure. I love this fabric and am right now wishing I had not cleaned the fabric store out of their last 2 yards of it! Then again good for me getting the last of it. 



Here is the back side where you can see the green owls a little better. My son really likes this bag, he has a stuffed Build A Bear that is a Snowy Owl named Beak. She is his best friend and he has had her since before he was 2 years old. He says Beak loves this bag because it has owls and they look like her. He is such a cutey!



 The inside is lined in light pink, the outside is made up of hot pink canvas and the owl print is also on light canvas. There is an additional layer in between for added strength.  The bag is 6" deep at the base and approximately 20" across at the top, it is 15" tall. It has the same base measurements as my large beach tote except it is shorter. Still great for carrying just about anything, it would make a good diaper bag, book bag, or computer bag. 

This will be appearing on my Web store hopefully later tonight! If not it should be there in a day or two. Thanks for checking out day 23 have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment