Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Day Thirty Nine, Bag Thirty Nine

Ultra Suede Melanie Bag,Large

You are not seeing a repeat of yesterday's bag, this is a Melanie Bag and it's a little different. The shaping is a modified figure 8, as opposed to Luna which is a perfect oval shape. This bag has a little more room in the lower half because it is a little more circular. 



I did use the same fabrics as the Luna bag I first introduced yesterday. I really like how this style of bag lends itself to the softness of the ultra suede, and the olive green embroidered ultra suede is one of my favorites. The button is a horn style, black, vintage, 1960's button. It's another one from my collection of vintage buttons that I inherited from my Great Grandmother about 20 years ago. 


I have been trouble shooting new styles and patterns this week, so I have been using the same range of fabrics for consistency, there will be one more round in these selection of ultra suedes before I move on to something else. This bag is lined with a medium weight chocolate brown canvas, which also serves as the strap for the bag, so it is strong. 

That's it for today, thanks for checking out day 39, see on day 40!

No comments:

Post a Comment