Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Day Forty Four, Bag Forty Four

Crystal, Cosmetics/Accessories Pouch, Pink

There's a reason so many of this style of bag are appearing together, I cut out the pattern pieces and material for 13 of this style all at the same time. Unfortunately I only have one zipper left in the right size, I am waiting on an order from New York for more zippers to finish the 13 but for now I can do 4, so I worked on them assembly line style. I am still working toward building my stock for the craft show in August so I am focusing on designs I already have rather than making a new pattern every day. That said, I did design and prototype a new pattern today as well, so that will be in tomorrow's blog, warts and all. The first bag never comes out right!

This is a pink hounds tooth in the style of the Susan Bag, with the white ribbon also.


The white ribbon also continues on the back side and the pale pink seen on the edging is also the lining fabric.


Here is a shot of the two Crystal Bags together. The pink also has a white zipper in 9" size. These bags are roomy due to their design, they are about 2" deep and just over 10" wide at the base. 

That's day 44, I will see you all with a new design tomorrow for day 45. This one was a special request from a friend who suggested that bags made for sporting events would be a good idea. I don't yet have a supply of athletic logo fabric so it will just be in something I had around. Remember, the first one never comes out perfect, there is always some adjusting!

No comments:

Post a Comment