Thursday, June 27, 2013

Day Forty Five, Bag Forty Five

Lucy Clear Stadium Bag With Pink Skulls

Here is the new style I promised. This was suggested to me by a friend, she let me know that many sports stadiums are not allowing bags to be brought in unless they are clear so here is a bag you can tailgate with and still take to the game!



There is a 2" section at the top and bottom of the bag that is made from the print fabric. The bag is lined with heavy canvas for strength and support. The straps are 28" long so this makes a great shoulder bag. I am currently trying to source some fabrics with major league logos and team logos. Hopefully those will be easy to come by, but in the meantime this is my firt run at this pattern, and I did not have too many issues with it at all. 



Here is a closeup of the fabric design on the top of the bag. In the first photo you can see a special  feature of this style of bag, that is a second bag that is tethered to the inside, this is specifically to hold things like an I.D., cash, or just girl stuff that you don't necessarily want to broadcast to 10,000 people. It is permanently tethered in for security, and has a full zipper closure on the top. 

This is a great new style and I am looking forward to making many more of these, they were fun to do and the possibilities are endless, this bag can even be made reversible for those who equally favor two teams or who like multiple sports!

Thanks for checking out day 45, see you tomorrow with some more new stuff. I spent all day today shopping for some new fabrics and cutting patterns. I got 12 new fabric designs today so there should be lots of new bags in the next few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment