Sunday, June 9, 2013

Day Twenty Nine, Bag Twenty Nine

Navy and Gold Celestial Print Bag 
(Custom Order)

This particular bag was done as a custom order for a client. It is my Celestial Beach Tote but in just the Navy with a beautiful gold accent fabric. The gold is super soft and fuzzy it feels like velvet even though it is a regular upholstery weight fabric. I love the shimmer it has and it sets off the print on the navy fabric very well. 



I have a few in progress pictures for this bag. In these you can see the shimmer so well. This side still has pins in it.



Here is the bottom, if you look closely you can see the reinforcement stitching in the base. This is the full length of the piece stretched out, it covers my entire work surface!



And finally here is a picture of the completed bag, it was a little longer in coming than I anticipated, I ran out of thread at 10 pm with only 6 more inches of stitching that needed to be done and I had to wait until Monday to get some more.It turned out great though, the color combination is stunning

This will be the last bag of this color and fabric I will make, this is the absolute last of this fabric. So, a big thank you to my lucky customer who special ordered this with the gold trim, the bag turned out beautifully and the colors are amazing! I do have plenty of the cranberry color of this fabric, maybe I will see how it blends with the gold. Have a great day and we'll see you tomorrow for bag 30! One whole month is down and only 11 more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment