Sunday, June 2, 2013

Day Twenty Two, Bag Twenty Two

Chartreuse Peacock Evening Bag

This one is a little late but better late than never. I dragged myself in to the studio to get this one finished today even though I feel like death. Darn my end of the semester cold! This is the same style as the Moonlight Masquerade bag from a couple of days ago, it has been very popular so I decided that this is a style I should explore a little. 


As you can see this bag is also more structured, as opposed to the purple bag which is softer and a little slouchy. It is done in an Indian Sari fabric, chartreuse Green with a gold Chrysanthemum and Peacock design. The peacock design is around the base of the bag, and the chrysanthemum design is all over the entire bag.



The handles are a contrast to the overall structure of the bag, they are soft with no hardware and just decorative knots at each base. 


Here is a shot of the inside of the bag which was done in a gold tissue satin to match the peacock and flower design on the body of the bag. It has a magnetic closure, and the scarf wraparound is wider and softer than the scarf on the purple bag. It is a different mix of structure and softness

That is the bag for today, I am going to be experimenting with this style a bit, I think it can do very well as a larger size bag too, so hopefully this week I'll have time to cut a new pattern for a day bag version of this bag. This will also be available on my web store in the next couple of days, I need a few more pictures then it will be ready. Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment