Friday, May 31, 2013

Day Twenty, Bag Twenty

Moonlight Masquerade, Evening Bag

I love this new bag! I know I keep saying this but, this one is definitely a favorite! I guess this is why I am making 365 bags, if I was buying that many it would be very pricey! The main body is made from a 2-tone purple satin with black velvet details of moons, stars, and circles (planets?).The velvet detailing has a little glittery sparkle to it, not much it is very subtle. 


The bag also has accents in just a single shade of deep purple satin. This is on the base of the bag and also the straps. The bag has a magnetic closure on the flap, and is also accented with a rhinestone button detail just to give it a little more sparkle and bring the focus down from the bow detail. 


Here is a closeup of the rhinestone detail on the clasp, there is a magnetic closure under that. 

The bag is cinched together using the wraparound bow. It feeds through the loops on the front and back of the bag to hold it like a pouch style, the ties can be loosened or tied differently to open up the topof the bag into a wider style. 



Here is a shot of the backside of the bag, you can see how the scarf on top cinches it in very well in this picture. 

All in all this was a gorgeous bag, I love the fabric, the color and the style. The solid purple is the little bit leftover from a set of custom pillowcases I did for a client just last week, She loves Purple too! And the star fabric is the little bit leftover from my bedroom curtains. It is a seasonal fabric sold only around Halloween so I am hoping to get my hands on some more later this year. Until then this bag will be a one of a kind, but it will be available on my web store later this weekend. You can always find that here;

You can also check out my blog archives for the past 19 bags, and keep coming back to see what else I'm working on, I picked up some new fabrics today and I can't wait to dive in to them this weekend for some new bags! 

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! I have had this print on my windows for a couple of years and I had to buy more of the fabric last Halloween when we moved and my bedroom window doubled in size, this bag is all that is left from my new curtains.

      Delete