Saturday, May 18, 2013

Day Seven, Bag Seven

   Rose Quilted Beach Tote

For the weekend another large beach tote. This one has a quilted design with multicolored rose prints, and accented with cotton canvas in an antique gold stripe. The rose prints I have had sitting around for about 11 years. I made a handful of cute little backpacks for all of my nieces out of these just this past Christmas. This is what was left over, just enough to make a crazy quilt design.



The canvas is an outdoor fabric I found for a steal about 8 years ago, I bought it in three colors, with the intention of making cushions and curtains for a large sun room I had at the time, but we moved and I have been carting about 20 yards of canvas around with me since.



Here is a close up of the rose print, they make something that I think is similar still but it is not this print. I like how subtle it is. The quilting added about 3 extra hours of working time to the this bag design from the basic 2 color bag. I do love the look it gives the bag though, it is kind of country chic, Romantic.

As always this bag is available on my web store;
https://www.etsy.com/shop/IvoryTowerDesigns

And thanks for reading my blog, have a fun filled Saturday and I will see you back here for Sunday's bag!

No comments:

Post a Comment