Thursday, May 23, 2013

Day Twelve, Bag, Twelve

Fairy Logo Tote

Today's bag will be different, it is custom made for me and will not be a bag I will make duplicates of or sell in my shop, It can be used as an inspiration if you want a custom bag but seeing as it is made with a hand stitched design of my old web store logo, it  is unique!


The main fabric is a deep purple rose print. The cross-titch embroidery is done on white Aida cloth. The lettering is Gold Embroidery floss, and the fairies are done in metallic floss for their dresses, and satin floss in 3 colors each for the wings. 


The inside is a funky stars and planets print and has a huge interior pocket, you can see my daughter's hand showing it off! 


Here you can see how wide the straps are, and the rose print sews up really well in this shot. 

I started to make this bag for a couple of reasons, I wanted a logo bag to carry with me during craft shows and such to advertise my shop. I also needed something to do with the wording I had stitched out. I made this to photograph as my shop banner which it used to be, and I didn't want it to go to waste. So, even though it is no longer my shop name I still have a pretty good representation of my work, in two areas, and I have a really strong tote for carrying supplies at a craft show, the large side pocket inside the bag is stitched against one side of the bag so it will hold papers very securely. I have an unusual habit with all of my cross-stitching, quilting and embroidery crafts, I don't like making useless things. I know a lot of other stitchers and crafters will make wall hangings or frame their work but you run out of space after awhile and I like to be able to use the things I make so that is why I put quilting and stitching in things like handbags and pillows, usable art!

No comments:

Post a Comment