Monday, May 13, 2013

Day Two, Bag Two

Pink Skulls Clutch

   Ready for day two? This bag...



is made from some fabric I have been sitting on for about 5 years. I love the mix of girly cute with the skulls and crossbones. It made perfect sense to pair it with the pink glitter bow skull button I came across recently. It is like the two were made for each other!

Here is a shot of the inside. More pink and a great decorative pocket!


That's my daughter's hand inside the pocket. She does all my photography and photo editing for me!  

This bag is a clutch style, it has a small flap closure on the top, and is sort of casual in style. It is 100% cotton and is also 3 layers of fabric with a heavy canvas as the center layer for stiffness and durability. Here is the design sheet;



And the fabric measurements and items needed are as follows; 

Canvas or muslin Base......................... 19" X 15"   -cut 1
Lining...................................................... 15" X 10"   -cut 2
Pocket (inside)....................................... 8" X 5"      -cut 2
Interfacing.............................................. 3" X 12"    - cut 2
Base Fabric ............................................ 15" X 5"    - cut 1
Side Panels (Main design fabric)......... 15" X 9"    - cut 2
Small Clasp Flap.................................... 5" X 5.5"   - cut 2
Clasp Flap Interfacing ......................... 4" X 4.5"    - cut 1

This design also calls for a decorative button, Magnetic closure, twist lock closure, Velcro, Snap, or other closure/clasp of your choice to be inserted into the front panel of the bag and the flap closure. Again, I leave a gap in the bottom lining seam to turn the bag once it is finished, I also mark out my placement lines on the muslin/canvas base before starting so that when I sew the side seams together everything lines up perfectly.

As before this and my other bags can be found on my Etsy page!

No comments:

Post a Comment