Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Day Three, Bag Three

   Chrysanthemum Envelope Clutch

   Bag number 3 is an envelope clutch made with a sage green cotton lining, Chinese Chrysanthemum print, and golf frog closure detail. I also used a cotton base layer for stability and interfacing. I did take some photos of the process this time so I will start with some of those.



This is my diagram and measurements;



Here are all of the pieces together waiting to be sewn.



And last, here is the finished clutch! The Chinese Chrysanthemum print is on 100% cotton fabric and it is a remnant that was left from a dress my friend Connie made  well over 10 years ago. I have one long skinny piece that I have been holding on to waiting for the right project to use it on and the frog closure is also something I have been holding on to for about 10 years. 

I am finding that I really like using vintage, saved, discontinued, or unique fabrics for my bags. There is a downside that I have very little of it in most cases so I can get as little as 1 bag from each fabric, but that does make every one unique, and special. I know when it comes to handbags I have been chased through the mall by women wanting to know where I gt mine at and I have never seen that happen to someone carrying a Coach or other mass produced bag. So, that said, don't let it scare you when you are sitting on just a small amount of fabric or one of a kind decorations, unique bags are awesome and they are always attention getters! 

Envelope clutches are very popular on the red carpet at Hollywood events and make a great evening bag. Perfect sized for a lipstick, cell phone, small mirror, and your house key.They do look small but they can actually be pretty roomy inside. 


No comments:

Post a Comment