Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Day Four, Bag Four

Skulls and Roses

Bag number four is a modification of the clutch pattern I made for day 2. Everything is the same except for the size of the clasp flap, it has a magnetic closure, and I added straps. That may not seem like a big difference but it really makes it a whole new bag! 

   Here is the picture! Again sorry for the dimness, doing my own photography is not the usual!



Picture 1 is the backside of the bag;


 This is the front. It looks pretty seamless where the flap crosses over the front panel. The extra width makes it a little more secure on top as well.

   I used two different prints for this bag. The main body of the bag is a skulls and rose vines print that is actually pretty large scale. I bought this about 7 or 8 years ago to make a crazy quilt comforter for my daughter who is now 16, and I bought a huge amount of fabric because I had never made a crazy quilt before. The small scale skulls on the handle are a Pirate skull print that is also part of the crazy quilt blanket I made my daughter so it was nice to incorporate these into the same bag together. I will have this available on my web store but I loved how it looked so much that I am actually keeping this one for myself, I took it out shopping for more bag materials with me today!

As usual this bag is three layers of 100% cotton fabric, interfacing for stability, and on this design there is a magnetic closure. Thanks for sticking with me for day four I'll see you all on day five!

No comments:

Post a Comment