Thursday, May 30, 2013

Day Eighteen, Bag Eighteen

Under The Sea Tote

I bought this fabric about 12 years ago and made a really cute backpack out of it. I used the backpack as an emergency kit in my car for years, it was my backup diaper bag. I had just a little of it left and I thought this tote was a great use of it. Most of the sand design was used up in the backpack so mainly I just had water and fish left.


I did have enough fish left to match the little fish on the pocket to the exact same fish in the same place on the back side of the bag. The straps and accent fabric is a little of the blue swirl print I have.  This print is one of my favorites and I use this design a lot in the five different colors it comes in, it is good for a large scale block and it also works well on a small scale block so it is great for quilting.


Below is a close up of the happy little fish. And you can see the design in the trim very nicely. 



So, that's day 18 thanks for checking in, see you tomorrow with a bag I have been working on today, it's taking longer than expected so it wasn't done yet, that's also why this post is so late, I got tied up at my sewing machine!

No comments:

Post a Comment