Thursday, May 16, 2013

Day Five, Bag Five

Red skull Bandanna Clutch

   I know, again with the clutch style! Bag five is another variation on my clutch design. The ruched top on this bag was done entirely by hand and uses 80" of fabric around the top! For size comparison, when I make full length curtains 80" is usually the dimension of the length. Here is the first pic;



The red bandanna fabric is something I bought 6 years ago to make myself maternity dresses. I was pregnant with my son and Summer was coming, so I made one maxi dress in the black version of this fabric and a short version in the red. This bag used up the very last of that fabric, s it is a one of a kind!



Here is a closeup of the front flap. I used a vintage button from the stash I got from my Great Grandmother over 20 years ago. This is from the 1960's and has a pearl sheen to it. It is very cool and retro.



Here is a shot of the back so you can see the ruching that goes all the way around. That was done with a red scallop design that looks like scales. I bought it also 6 years ago to use in the Dragon quilt I made for my son's crib. You can see that on my website available to be custom made.  I love the way the variance of reds looks over the skull bandanna print. It is lined with red, made from 3 layers of 100% cotton, interfacing,and includes a pocket inside from the bandanna print. As always you can find this on my web store! 

Have a happy day Five everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment