Monday, July 1, 2013

Day Forty Nine, Bag Forty Nine

Kelly Key Fobs, Square

This is technically bags # 49, 50, and 51, but who's counting anyway! I saw this little project on another blog a few days ago and I did make a few changes so the design and function is entirely my own making. These started out as a little tutorial for coin purses that were only a couple of inches across and now I have key fobs that are just over 4" square and will fit not only coins but an id, credit cards, cash, business cards, and will also attach to your keys to keep it at hand. 


Here is an assortment of 3 made from the square pattern. Each has a ribbon and a wooden bead adornment on the zipper pull, each one is fully lined and the raw edges have been stitched to keep it from fraying, and each one has a split ring on the top for keys or easy attachment to the front or inside of your purse. I have one attached to the front of my purse done in the same fabric so it blends, and it is holding my business cards. I can never find my card holder quite fast enough when I am out running around and need to hand one out. Now I don't have to fumble it's right there front and center. 


Here is a shot of the interior, this is the bag I kept myself, it matches my Large Audrey bag that I carry. This is a great small exchange gift, or a quick add on to a larger bag, I am trying to do them in matching fabrics and colors to all of my larger bags. I know more of that prep work for my upcoming craft show. I have been coming up with so many new ideas these past few weeks and I can't start work on new prototypes until I have my inventory in place for the show and I can't keep adding new designs to the inventory list so I have to stop making new bags for now and focus on my current designs and making those all special. So for the next few weeks the blog will be some repeat designs but hopefully there will be enough variety in the new fabrics to keep you coming back. Here are a couple more pictures to round out today's grouping.



I love the bright interior colors! These little bags were the surprise I was talking about the other day, I finally had time to get them done, I spent all night last night cutting, and I spent a large portion of today sewing and prepping more bags. I thought a multi bag listing was a good start o the week. See you tomorrow for day 50!

No comments:

Post a Comment