Thursday, July 4, 2013

Day Fifty Three, Bag Sixty

Kelly Key Fobs, Football

So, football is totally patriotic right? It is in my family anyway, I don't remember many holidays without some sport playing in one room while food was being cooked in another. So this is my football shape, I am actually pretty happy with it even though I was not sure how I would feel once I had all of these cut and waiting to be assembled. It is not wide enough to hold anything substantial, but it is still totally functional as a coin purse or small wallet. 


It also looks like my husband was a little lazy and photographed this bunch with their show tags on them. 


Bag 60 is in the pink hounds tooth, with a pink cotton lining. 


Bag 61, is in Latte Circles, with a dark grey lining.


Bag 62 Is the Paris and Poodles, chartreuse print, this bag has a lime green cotton lining. 


Bag 63 is the Watermelon Waves with a Hot Pink lining.

The zipper pulls for all of the Kelly Key Fobs has a length of satin ribbon and a wooden bead for a decorative touch. Some of the beads are stained a dark wood stain and some are a blonde wood that looks nearly white. The football shape was made from a 4" square. That was the original size before the shape was cut and it was cut on the diagonal so this bag is very long for a small coin purse. The split rings on top are great to make this a key chain or for attaching it to the front or strap of a bag. This particular bag was a pretty fun design to make, there was a lot of variability in it because of the different shapes and fabrics combinations. I have 36 of these to make for my show but the 20 I have done so far will be it for at least a couple of weeks, I need some new fabric scraps to work with. Because these are small enough I have not been cutting fresh fabric to make them, I have only been working with pieces that are too small for my full size bags but not small enough to discard, so I have to wait until I cut in to all my new fabric to gt at the new designs!

Thanks for checking out day 53, see you tomorrow for day 54! I have some really cute stuff coming up soon made from my new fabrics and new colors!

No comments:

Post a Comment